Thursday 14 November 2013

Butterfly Tights

I've been wanted to get a pair of Grimoire's Verum butterfly tights for ages, but even if I could get my head around the ordering process I couldn't really justify spending so much on tights. I'm too clumsy; what if I laddered them on the first wear?! So instead I've been idly typing butterfly tights into ebay and etsy every couple of weeks, hoping to find an alternative. After about a year of doing this, I got a hit on Etsy for some suspiciously similar tights. The first 2 pictures were clearly of Grimoire's tights (I've since realised that the first was the stock photo from their webstore) but the 4th photo was of a different but similar design. I decided to risk it for £6.39 and free shipping.

When the tights arrived I'm happy to say they did in fact match the 4th photo. I'm actually very pleased because I would have been unhappy about wearing tights that were a successful replica (art theft and all that). The print is the same on the front and back and so doesn't match well on the sides (but for the price I won't grumble). I should have taken a picture of them out of the packet to show them better. They look darker in my pictures as I had black thermal tights underneath because of the cold weather!

I put together a quick outfit to go with them and went a bit overboard with the accessories to match the colours in the tights!



What I'm Wearing:
Jacket: Miss Selfridge
Blouse: H&M (altered by me)
Black Skirt: River Island
Cream Lace Skirt: New Look
(this outfit is actually quite similar to this one, I didn't notice until now)
Tights: Etsy
Brooches and Necklaces: Light Blue Brooch and Glass Bead Necklace from charity shops, Green Brooch, Celtic Cross Brooch and Dark Crystal Necklace were gifts
Boots: New Look
Beret: H&M

Sorry for the bad photos, these were taken in the toilets of a local department store when I was doing a quick bit of Xmas Shopping. I spent most of the day sitting in the pub (with a hot chocolate) writing for NaNoWriMo!

I've just passed the 10,500 word mark so I'm very behind at the moment! My only excuse is that the lovely boyfriend took me to a spa hotel for a few days to relax =] I'm going to try to do 2,500 words a day until I'm back on track. Good luck to anyone else doing NaNoWriMo!

10 comments:

  1. woot nanowrimo! keep it up! also the tights are cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm never going to reach 50,000 but I'm still proud of the work I've done. I'm just aiming to have all my different pieces of research put into some kind of logical framework by the end of the month!

      Delete
  2. I honestly loved the idea of those quasi-victorian brooches pinned onto the lapels of your jacket instead of badges, it's an unexpected twist to the punk aesthetics. Very inspiring - I hope you won't mind me stealing this lovely idea someday XD Also, I like very much the layered lace of your skirts -and the tights are just pure win, they add so much fanciness to your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of the brooches in that way, I often wear 2 at a time, occasionally more. I was actually going to add another couple to this outfit but one needs repair and the other was hiding from me (and turned up the next day). I quite like that it reminded you of punk though, makes my inner rebellious side happy! I doubt I'm the first person to do this, but steal away!

      Thank you so much =]

      Delete
  3. Wow, I love the jacket and blouse and brooches! If you are ever cleaning out your wardrobe you have to give me a head's up, I love your style!

    The tights are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably should have a clear out one day, I have a lot of clothes! My boyfriend would be very happy if I did as there's not a lot of space left for his things! I'm very attached to them all though. If I can bear to part with anything I'll be sure to give you first dibs though!

      Thank you =]

      Delete
  4. Lovely outfit! I love how you layered those two pretty skirts, and I love those super cute booties. And the accessories make the whole outfit so elegant <3!
    By the way, your tights are really cute, considering how little they cost you :D and you matched them very well. It's not easy to match such big and colourful prints but you did an amazing job ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That makes me so happy because I'm not very confident when it's comes to colours; I can do black and a single colour accent any day of the week, but I start to get out of my comfort zone with any more!

      Delete