Friday 31 August 2012

An unexpected holiday

I was planning to stay near home this weekend and party with some friends, but I have been given the chance to have a free weekend in London instead!

I'm going to a club night my cousin runs in Camden tonight called Ultimate Power (80's power ballads anyone?) and Slimelight again on Saturday =]. Also going to go shopping in Camden markets and maybe even get my ear's pierced! Yes I know 22 is a bit on the late side for my first piercing (how many goth points do I loose ? =P) but I used to get a lot of ear infections and so I never wanted to risk making them worse. My ears have been somewhat better in the last 6 months so I'm going to give it a go. Also to say that I am phobic of blood and needles...is a slight under-statement. I'm hoping to find somewhere willing to get 2 piercers (one on each ear) to do them at the same time, so that I can't back out after the pain of the first one! I think it'll be worth it. I'm sick of the world being full of pretty earrings I can't wear!

I have put my camera in my case so I promise lots of pictures, although maybe not any of the piercing process because I don't think anyone needs to see me fainted on the floor of a piercing parlour =P

I'll return to blogging on Monday to announce the winner of the give-away (so there's still time to comment if you'd like to enter!) and share stories from my weekend away! I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Oh good luck with the piercing. It hurts but not as much as you think. I was a foolish teenager and pierced myself with a safety pin, that hurts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my that would be painful! I admire your bravery though!

      Delete
  2. Shopping in Camden Town! Wow, you're lucky!
    Don't be worried about the piercing, I'm not a big fan of needles and blood too but I pierced my ears quite late (I was 16) and it wasn't as bad as I'd expected. It's just a moment's pain :) then it hurts a little for an hour but that's it :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the re-assurance it makes me less worried about the pain!

      Delete
  3. I've heard so much about Camden. I wish I could go to London and have a shopping trip there as well. :3 I will someday.
    Don't worry about the piercings! Piercers are usually great at what they do and know how to prevent both pain and nervousness. I will probably do a piercing today too. In my nose. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your nose piercing!
      I hope you get to go to Camden sometime, it is a lot of fun!

      Delete