Sunday 22 April 2012

Dublin's fair city

I'm sorry that it's taken a couple of days but here are some photos from my trip to Ireland.

This is a picture I took through the window of the coach on the way to the hotel. Thought it was amusingly appropriate! (Sorry about the over-editing, it was the only way I could get the letters to show clearly).



We went to Trinity College, which was beautiful and the Book of Kells was amazing but I could't take pictures there (vellum and flash photography is a bad combination)

The next day I went to Glasnevin Cemetery, which was completely wonderful. It's so good to see how well the cemtery is being cared for; a huge restoration project is underway and the museum is very informative.

Here is it in all it's glory:


We also went on a couple of day trips out of the city, the best took one took us into the Wicklow Mountains.


Whilst there we visited Glendalough which was quite possibly the most magical place I've ever visited; the crumbling ruins and forest of headstones framed by purple mountains.

I really had a great time and I'm looking forward to going back to Dublin again next year.

4 comments: