Amy of Stripy Tights and Dark Delights has invited us all to tag ourselves in this challenge so here I go:
How does it work?
- Post the rules on your blog
- Write 11 things about you
- Answer it
- Create 11 new questions for the future tagged ones
- Put a link to the tagged blogs
- Prevents them by leaving a message on their blogs
- No information about us in the "tag" section
- Tag 11 people
11 Things About Me
- I'm a total bookworm; I think I may have an addiction to the printed word. I get uncomfortable when I'm too far from books =P
- My favourite animals are mice (especially harvest mice)
- I'm an archaeologist; studying victorian cemeteries makes me really happy
- I'm rubbish at computer/video games even though I love them- my characters are always walking into walls/falling off stuff
- If I could live in any city it would be Paris
- If I could live somewhere remote I'd buy a croft on the Isle of Harris
- I don't ever want to learn to drive; cars are scary
- I can't wait to own my own place. No matter how small it is one room will be a library- even if that means having no living room =P
- If I could time travel, I'm hop back to the 60's, live through to the 80's (to see all the amazing musicians live) then retire to Victorian England, with occasional day trips to other time periods =P
- I'd make a great housewife. I love cleaning and cooking- kind of embarrasing considering I'm a strong independant modern woman =P
- I want to get a tatoo even though I'm terrified of blood and needles.
1. Who is your biggest inspiration?
Ooh tough question. Probably Neil Gaiman and Jillian Venters
Neil because his writing is so wonderful and insightful, he has filled his life with wonderful things and wonderful people and because his entire basement is a library.
Jillian because she shows that it is possible to be a sophisticated, grown-up goth who never compromises on style and because she's a lovely person who just wants everyone to be a bit politer and kinder to everyone else.
2. Describe your style in ten words or less.
Lace, Frills on everything, Layers, Antique, Eclectic, Dark, Slightly dishevelled
3.What was your worst ever style disaster?
Age 8: Orange floral leggings and a bright orange jumper. Favourite outfit. Oh the shame!
4. Where in the world would you most like to visit?
The list of places I want to visit is huge. Can I say the whole of Europe? No? Ok. The Pyramids then =P
5. Have you ever been in love?
6. What are you currently coveting?
A tailcoat. I've wanted one for years but can't find one that fits.
7. What is your funniest childhood memory?
I really can't think of anything hilarious. I was clearly a boring child.
Apparently when I was about 4 I told my Dad I knew everything in the world there was to know except how to make Jelly! I think that's pretty funny. He showed me how to make jelly =P I wish that the world still seemed that simple.
8. What is your guiltiest musical pleasure?
Vanessa Carlton. I really like some of her songs, especially A Thousand Miles, White Houses and Ordinary Day. There goes any shread of Goth credibility I ever had...
9. What is your favourite way to unwind?
With a good book, preferably fantasy or Sci-fi so I can forget the world for a bit.
Severe stress requires a re-reading of ' The Dream-Quest to Unknown Kadath' by H. P. Lovecraft
10. What was your most recent embarrassing moment?
I got drunk and did the entire dance to Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang with my friend Bethany at a party. Because I'm just that cool....
11. What is your favourite movie?
Hard choice. Either Labyrinth, Pan's Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal or 10 things I hate about you =P
- If you could be any fictional/historical character, who would you be?
- What is your favourite animal and why?
- If you could time travel, what would you do?
- Which band/musician do you most want to see live?
- What body mods. do you have/want to get?
- If you had to pick one outfit from your wardrobe to decribe your style best, what would it be?
- What is your dream job?
- What was the best holiday you're ever been on?
- What's the worst haircut you've ever had?
- If you won the lottery what would you spend the money on?
- What is your favourite quote?
If anyone does want to join in, drop a link in the comments.