Tuesday 31 July 2012

Still feeling a little green around the edges...

This is my outfit from yesterday, when I was feeling pretty damn awful. Normally on a day like that I wouldn't even get out of bed, let alone dress up in anything photo worthy, but it was my dear friend Anya's birthday and we had made plans to meet up (by the way Anya is a terrific artist; check out her illustration here).

Being ill clearly makes me think of appallingly bad puns, hence the title of this post, which was inspired by the accessories I wore:



What I'm wearing:
Top with lace trim: Oasis. I've had it a while, but never wear it because it's hard to decide what to wear it with. It's technically a dress, but it's a bit flimsy for me to feel comfy in it.
Lace Waistcoat: Lily J in Camden Market, cost 18 quid I think.
Scarf tied around waist: I think this was a present many years ago, you can never have enough black scarves!
Jeans: Motel via the rag market. 5 quid when I was 15. Love them to death (and it's starting to show...)
Brooch: Junk shop in Minehead, Somerset for 2 pounds, many years ago on holiday with friends.
Green glass bead necklace: Charity shop 50p.
Bracelet: Some ribbon and a heart charm I had lying around.

I also wore green eye-shadow but it really didn't show up well in the picture; damn flash!

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I nominated you for a Liebster Award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have already done the Liebster award, would it be ok if I just edited my post to include your questions?

      Delete
  2. Hope you're feeling better now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks for your concern! I'm getting there, my lungs don't hate me quite so much and my voice has returned to the point where I can answer the phones at work again (drat)!

      Delete