Monday 13 August 2012

Unlocking the craft box

OK so there isn't actually a lock on my box of craft supplies, In fact I have many boxes and bags of random crafting stuff scattered all over my room, hiding in corners, under the bed and in all the cupboards... My name is Phoenix and I'm a craftaholic hoarder =P

The title of the post is actually inspired by the design on this T-shirt and the fact I've not had time to make anything for ages:


I found the t-shirt in the men's department at Primark for 3 quid and really liked the print.
It's way too big and my days of wearing men's baggy clothes are well and truly over so I brought it with the intention of altering it somehow.

It's been sitting in my wardrobe untouched for a month or so waiting for inspiration (which actually isn't very long compared to some of the projects I've been putting off...for like 2 years) but last night I finally decided what I wanted to do with it.

Here's a sneak peek:


I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of the week to show you all. Although getting it completely finished does involve some luck and craft supplies I currently can't find anywhere =[ but at the very least I will have more progress to show!

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love altering t shirts! I can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm totally making it up as I go along because I've not done this sort of alteration before, but when the shirt was so cheap it's worth the risk!

      Delete
  2. Getting everything organised is the hardest part of sewing! Your shirt is too cute! Men's t-shirts are so great for prints, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It completely is; my system looks chaotic, but I know where everything is, no one else would be able to understand it though =P!

      I'm just looking for somewhere in my city that I can buy eyelet/grommet tape atm and failing. I hope I have time to go to the market on Wednesday, and then I hope they have some!

      I agree men get all the best tshirt designs!

      Delete
  3. I have great respect for anyone who can sew and I wish I could, which may seem strange coming from a boy….. Well ok a middle aged bloke. I need my favourite tee shirt (from 1980) making bigger. I know that I will never get in it again otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sewing is actually very straight forward, you should learn; a needle and thread and some scrap fabric is cheap and there are many online tutorials. I learned basic stitches when I was 5 so it can't be that hard =P

      It doesn't sound strange, men can be tailors too. I know some steampunk guys that make awesome stuff including corsets and hats!

      If you really can't sew though I'm sure you could find a local tailor/seamstress to alter the shirt for you =]

      Delete